Thursday, November 19, 2009

How can i meet Foreign people who do not discriminate me?

I want to meet japanese, chinese, or korean..or someone for language exchange but i find it hard since i'm a hispanic american, and usually those people want to learn english . i speak english but i don't speak it like a white person, and the english that is advertised in movies and by english teachers who go abroad, is english that the talkative outgoing people, many times white people who don't have accents. My english is just simple and i have an accent. I've attempted many times to meet foreign people but they never consider me american because of my voice or because of my personality. what to do?

How can i meet Foreign people who do not discriminate me?
Where do you live? Part of the problem might be that you are not putting up the right type of ad. There is no surefire way of finding the right people -- at the end of the day, it's going to take time and a bit of luck to find someone who's interested in who you are rather than an "idea" English speaker. Why not foreground who you are -- let people know what you're interested in and who you are, and let the ad do the filtering. If I may, how's this for an ad: (you can put this up at Asian cultural centers, at one of the consulates...basically anywhere where you think someone interesting might see it)





Language and Cultural Exchange: I am a Hispanic male/female looking to meet a Japanese/Korean/ Mandarin/Cantonese speaker interested in getting together for regular language and cultural exchange. Teach me about your language and culture, and I can help you with basic English, Spanish and can introduce you to Hispanic culture in America.


No comments:

Post a Comment