Monday, May 4, 2009

Where to meet people?

Hi, i'm a 25 year old guy; i have always been shy and quiet, but since i've started treatment for depression my moods have stabilized somewhat. The thing is, I have been and continue to feel very lonely for a long time; there was a time, when i was depressed, that i made some serious mistakes and lost my license; its been almost two years since i've been able to drive, and am finally looking to get a car back; I have been thinking about how to meet women my age because honestly a relationship is what would be most fulfilling to me now, but I'm at a loss for where to go or how to go about meeting someone who is intelligent, interesting, etc, and thinking about it only makes me more depressed. I try not to think about it and do other constructive things to keep busy; my question is, what are places I can go to meet new people (I live in the NYC area), make friends and possible meet a woman i'd be interested in spending time with?

Where to meet people?
Have you tried online dating sites! You may want to test the waters that way.





I can so relate to what you have to say, that the RIGHT person can make all the difference in ones life. BUT on the other hand, the wrongs ones can make it a living hell.





Try going places that interest you. But don't just concentrate on one area of interest. You could be looking at a number of places, class, gym, church, singles groups, etc.





Good Luck to you.
Reply:Start going to Starbucks at 9:00 PM and drink your coffee there. Try online dating. Check out singles events that are in the city. Go to the Gym. Do you have a dog? Take it to Central Park in the summer.





Or you can do what I do and say screw it. Travel!!


No comments:

Post a Comment