Monday, May 4, 2009

Ladies: Help me meet new people...?

I'm really bad at meeting new people. I never know how to approach someone, what to say or anything like that. I'm finally getting my life back on track and I think it's time for me to go out and meet some new faces, maybe try to meet a nice girl. I just don't know how.





For example: I was in a book store the other day and saw a girl reading a psychology book that looked interesting. I wanted to go up and say something to her, introduce myself or ask how the book was. I ended up just looking in the book shelf right next to her, finding a book I liked and bought, but not actually saying anything to her. Is there anyway I could have introduced myself without seeming to intrusive in that situation?





What are just some good ways to meet people and how do you approach them?

Ladies: Help me meet new people...?
First meetings are always hard, and I'm just getting the hang of it myself. Two years ago I struggled until I became more open, and outgoing. If there's someone I want to meet, I'll find something to talk to them about. Say if I had seen a guy looking at a psychology book, I would have asked if he was studying it in school, or reading for pleasure. From there it could progress. Sometimes it's as simple as smiling at someone, and they take the risk of striking up conversation with you. If you know a little about the person, find something you know about, or want to know about, and just talk. If there's someone you would like to know, but don't, ask them a question (even if you already know the answerer). If they don't know, fine, but that could be a way to break the ice.


No comments:

Post a Comment